Sunday, November 30, 2008

Back from the BEACH!

My internet connection in our house was hit or miss. Several times I tried to post some pics and after waiting and waiting for them to upload it would kick me off before I could post....So get ready...I have BUNCHES to share!
We had a great time. This is the 3rd year we have spent Thanksgiving at Holden Beach and it was by far the BEST trip yet! First everyone was there and having my entire family under one roof is what I am most thankful for! The weather was GREAT...I sat out in the sun and read a book for the fun (The Face) while the kids played in the sand! It was so warm that Jay got in the ocean and Drew put his toes in because he said "I don't want to get sucked out there and sharks eat me." Emma LOVED the sand but after a fall when she had her toes in the ocean on the first day....she would have NO part of getting close to the water.
Here are some pictures---it is hard for me to pick the ones to post! I have so many good ones this year.





Dad and Rob took the boys to the golf course one morning so Mom and I had a fashion show! It was just like being in Guatemala when Mom and I would dress Emma up and then take HUNDREDS of pictures---here are the BEST of the BEST ones! We took about 200 pictures of her in the beautiful dress. Emma's Aunt Ashley got it for her and she looked beautiful in it! I am so happy we got such great beach pictures of Emma's first beach trip.





My mom took these...I think she has the better camerea!





Here are some ocean pictures. Don't be fooled...it WAS cold!





We tried a family picture for our Christmas card---what a joke! 5 in one looking cute at the same time....IMPOSSIBLE! But these are funny to look at all.




Here is one of Rob and I that I like. I am thinking about using this one and then my favorite of each of the kids for our Christmas card...that seems like the best choice this year!

Because the weather was so nice and the kids (and me) were having such an amazing time, we rented a car and sent Rob home early! He goes to the Ohio High School state championship games every year with several of his friends. Doesn't he look comfortable stuffed in the cheapest (but almost $300) car we could get the day before Thanksgiving? His trip home cost a pretty penny---he also got a speeding ticket in VA and who knows how much that will cost us! But for 2 extra days on the sunny beach...I say WORTH IT!

My parents paid for the beach house this year. It was our family Christmas present...thank you so much Mom and Dad! We loved it!

Here are some of my favorite pictures of my parents.




Believe it or not I still have more pictures! I hope each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your friends and family. We have been so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. Happy B-lated Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Hannah said...

I LOVE her purple dress! That is beautiful!

Amanda said...

Love all of the pictures! The kids are beautiful and it looks like all of you had a wonderful time. You're so blessed to have your kids, parents and husband with you on this important holiday. And to be in the U.S.

So glad to talk to you today! I miss you! Love,
AManda, ed and gabi

Susie said...

Someone is a professional photographer. What a wonderful trip...that is my idea of a great vacation. Susie

Jennifer said...

These are such beautiful photos! I remember those fashion shows in Guatemala...Boy, has Emma grown up since then! Her hair is so long and beautiful (as is the rest of her). I love keeping up with your whole family through your blog. BTW, I've tagged you with a Gratitude Tag - see my blog for details.

--Jennifer (Daniel's mom)

Amy, Jim, Ry, Evan, Nora said...

amazing pictures!!!
she is just so beautiful.

enjoy the holiday. i totally hear ya on the pictures of 5. :)

Pineapple Princess said...

What a fun vacation you had. I love all the pictures... especially the ones of Emma. You (and your mom?) are amazing photographers!

Can't wait to see your Christmas card!

Merry Christmas,
Stacy