Thursday, April 24, 2008

Welcome to the HOLSINGER'S FAMILY BLOG!

This blog is being created to document our family. I felt the need to close our "Our Journey To Emma" blog because our journey to her is over...now she is here and is part of our family. (Don't panic you can still visit her blog to look at old pictures and reread our story. I am just not posting anymore on that site.) If you are here reading this you have been invited to our secure blog. Only people who I send e-mail invitations are able to be here. This is a way for me to keep our site more private and monitor who is viewing the blog.
Our family has changed a lot since Emma came home. Rob and I both feel we can breathe again. The constant worry about her and the process and when/if she would come home was mentally, physically, and emotionally draining for all of us. Some have said adopting a child is "easier" than having one. I am the first to say absolutely NOT true. Even with a difficult pregnancy that ended with Jay and a horrible delivery that ended with Drew, they were both easier than the process to get Emma. All of our children are worth everything we went through to get them and we cherish them so much. Some days we look at each other and wonder how in the world we are going to get everything done. Or we look at how messy our house is with toys and dirty clothing everywhere and can barely stand it. Or we wonder how many times we will change bed sheets because EVERYONE just keeps passing around a horrible throw up bug. We shrug, smile, and laugh and we KNOW how lucky and blessed this family is. Rob and I said since high school we wanted to have 3 children. I originally said I wanted 3 boys....but after having 2 little boys, I realized I needed a little girl here to help balance our family out.
Our lives are not always neat and pretty ....and sometimes you can not really get a sense of what it is really like in a blog. But I am going to make my best attempt to accurately document our lives---the good, the bad and the sometimes ugly of it all. I want this to be something Jay, Drew and Emma can each look back on when they are older and catch a glimpse to what it was like to be their Mommy. I want them to know how much Rob and I love them and what they were like when they were growing into the people they will become. I believe our job as their parents is to love, nurture and protect them but to also allow them the freedom to learn, explore and develop into the person THEY want to be. Providing them with a stable, loving environment will allow them to open many doors and to become the loving, independent, and secure adults I know they will one day be!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I love it!!! It's beautiful!

Love,
Amanda, Ed and Gabi

Robin said...

Great Job! I love the new blog!

Robin & Ella

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to keep up with the 3 most wonderful kids in the state of Ohio!! And might I add...ITS ABOUT TIME!!! Can you say withdrawal???

BeckyN1128 said...

Thank God for "Finally Five"! Please don't post with surpising six! :) We love this family just as it is!

We have received so much joy from "The Journey to Emma"; we know this blog will be an evolving snapshot in the development of the three most precious children in our lives.

We are blessed!

Love,
Nans and Pap Pap