Jay had an appointment in Huntington for some educational testing yesterday. Astrid, Mom, Jay and I went. Drew and Emma stayed with Kelly. Astrid enjoyed seeing the sites. She has funny questions like "where are all the people?" because in Guatemala you see people everywhere. Or "Do these trains carry people?"----nope not here but they do in big, busy cities. She also couldn't understand how we were in Ohio, West Virginia, and Kentucky in such a short amount of time. We went to Target to get a few things she needed. She didn't have a bathing suit that fit since she is expecting so we took care of that and got her a few other maternity things. Astrid is so sweet. She expects nothing and is so appreciative for everything.
She has her own room here on the first floor of our house and a bathroom. I had hoped she would rest and relax...but she is a busy girl! She is a cleaner---not at all like me. She has quickly learned how to work the dishwasher---she had never seen one before---and we do not have a dirty dish anywhere in the house! She was cleaning the windows in my kitchen this morning after breakfast! I told her she didn't have to do that...or anything while she is here. She said it was a "job" given to her by her mother when she was little and smiled. She needed to wash some of her things today and I showed her how to work the washing machine. She has never seen or used a dryer before. I will show her that as soon as her clothes are washed.
Emma had a really tough night Tuesday night. I am not sure if she was just so unsure what was going on here or if she didn't feel well. Last night she did great. Went to sleep around 7:30 and woke up for a bottle at 4:00 am and then slept till 8:30 this morning. The boys have been nothing but hyper and wild and full of questions for Astrid. They are not used to us having a house guest. The funniest thing Drew said to her was "why don't you know many words?" She smiled and we told him that she knew many words in Spanish and few in English. We told him that he needed to help her learn more words. Jay talked so much in the car yesterday. He just kept talking and talking. We played a game to help pass the time in the car and give him something to keep his mind busy. I would say a letter and he had to find it on a sign or building. It didn't take long for Astrid to help him and they were finding so many letters everywhere.
We are enjoying our time and I will take more pictures today and post them!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Astrid Visit day 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Thank you for everything you are doing for astrid, I am sure that she is very grateful to you, some people are fantastic, thank you very much
Christian
what a great story. I hope Astrid has a great visit with Ms. Emma. I am sure she was just so excited she didn't know what to do with herself.
I'm sure that Astrid feels indebted to you and wants to help in any way she can. At home she is a very busy mom so I'm sure she doesn't know HOW to sit still. Bless her sweet heart. Please tell her that we say hello. And that we think of her and her family often.
When is she due?
Post a Comment