I had no idea I would be so happy to type these words! It has been a great summer... but it sure has been busy with 3 kids home all the time. Between coordinating schedules and working and playing we have hardly had a second to do anything! I am happy that school is now back in full swing and some type of schedule is about to happen!
We made a difficult decison this year with Jay. Instead of sending him on to first grade, we are returning to Kindergarten--sorta! Through varrious evaluations we have learned that Jay is a different type of learner and has some areas that need some intervention. We found an excellent educational specialist who is going to work with him. He will be going to The Learning Station 4 days a week for interventions....so he will only go to Kindergarten in the mornings 4 days a week. This made him very happy to know that he would be a pick up 4 days a week...and an added bonus is the day he is there all day- Wednesday- is gym day....his favorite activity!
Here are some pictures of him getting ready to go to his new school! (I forgot to say we have awesome brand new schools. They are having an open house next week so I will try to get some pictures and post them...very impressive school.)
Drew is returning to the CLC for his last year of preschool. He is in a new class this year and I am so hoping Ms. Hetty is ready for him! He a very bright child but he has a stubborn, strong-willed, needs to be FIRST, BEST and PERFECT kinda personality. If he doesn't think he can do it perfectly the first time he is DONE and moves to something else. Frustration is something that causes him to put on his angry face---we see it MUCH more than we would like to see it. ....Rob says repeatedly Drew is a little me! Here are some pictures from his first day.
Today EVERYONE was in school for the first time! Emma and I enjoyed a girls day out. We went to McDonalds for a diet coke and then Target for a little shopping. Could a girl ask for a better day?!
Here is a cute picture of Emma. (It wasn't taken today...it was taken at the soccer game... I will post soccer pictures later!)
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Back to School WEEK
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
new schools!!! I can't wait to hear all about them. The boys look excited to be back at school.
Post a Comment