Sunday, May 11, 2008

5-11-08 Happy Mother's Day

If you are expecting a perfect, sweet wonderful post where I tell you how great my day has been...how everything went so smoothly and I couldn't have asked for a better day....stop reading! It is hard to think of blogging when you are still in your PJs because you were up ALL night with not one but TWO sick kiddos, the laundry is piling up, the house looks like a bomb went off and all I want to do is go back to bed! Rob let me take the first nap and now he is resting so we will both be ready to take care of them again tonight. This is really what being a mother is like most of the time. You have to put your little ones first and push through, change plans, and make things work...even when it isn't how you planned it to be.
As rough as my night and day have been with two sickies, I am so happy that everyone is here at home. Last year Mother's Day was very, very difficult for me. The entire month of May was hard. I was coming down from the high of meeting my daughter in April and trying to adjust to life without knowing how she was doing, what she was doing, or when she would be coming home. Our adoption process was long and did take quit a bit out of all of us. So now as I sit here and wonder when Jay is going to throw up again (it will be like 13 or 14th time), look over at Emma with her red cheeks and count the hours till she is has meds again, and look over at Drew hoping he doesn't look sick, I am still happy.
Here are some pictures from today.
Emma sick in bed.

Jay sick on the couch.

Drew sitting by him playing on the computer. (Shelia he does have clothes....he just never wants to wear them!)

Jay's Mother's Day card for me. It is a LOVE bug that he made!

Drew made me a jewlery box. He said it was to "hold all my jewels!"

Look at the words in this card from Drew. I LOVE it more than anything! Each year his preschool teacher asks him questions about his Mom (and Dad on Father's Day) and then she records exactly what they say! I LOVE IT!

Here is a flower Emma picked for me yesterday. Well I am saying she picked it. She was walking around and sorta fell into the plant and this flower broke. I told her it was a perfect flower for our table!

Then my BIG present from Rob the most wonderful (most of the time) husband in the world....

September 14th we will be in Cleveland for the Browns vs Steelers night game--CLUB SEATS...could a Mom ask for anything more? I think this was the PERFECT gift to honor the mother of his children! GO BROWNS!

I also want to wish my mom a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! I didn't get to finish my mother's day shopping for her yet but am planning on taking her to get a pedicure this week or next. She is the greatest Mom in the world. I am very lucky that she is my mom. When someone praises me for the Mom I am, I have to smile and think it is because of the example my Mom showed me. She is the greatest. Here is a picture of us in Guatemala with Emma!

Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I don't think Drew owns clothes. Emma looks tired and poor little jay, he is like mom please go away. LOL.

I love the card, flowers but the browns tickets make me wanna be sick. BENGALS is ohio's team.

Becky said...

Sorry the kiddo's don't feel well and hopefullly Drew won't get it. I hope they are on the mend! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Becky and Jack