Wednesday, May 21, 2008

5-21-08 A Video to Share

Here is a video Astrid, Sofia and Fabrizio made for Emma.

Here is what it says in English:
1,2,&3 This story is being told by Lourdes (Sofia) for the children, Emma and Fabrizio.
"Mom, I would like to have a doll", said Claudia to her mother.
"What kind of doll would you like to have", asked her mom?
"I would like a doll that could talk, wallk, and eat, nothing else", says Claudia.
"Oh, and that could eat, and one that you could bathe and one that has long hair so that I could comb it".
"Oh, and one that will sleep if I sing to her and one that will give kisses".
"You know what Claudia"? "You do not want a doll, you want a sister"!
[And Astrid exlaims]:
"Like Little Princess Emma"! "Lourdes does not want a doll; she wants a baby sister"!
[And they all exclaim]:
"GOOD BYE, GOOD BYE MOMMY, GOOD BYE DADDY, GOOD BYE BROTHERS & SISTERS, WE LOVE YOU"!
I had no idea what this said since my Spanish is horrible. I have to say I had cold chills when I read the translation. Astrid is expecting a little girl in August and Sofia will have a little sister soon. She loves Emma so much. I know it was VERY, VERY hard for her when Emma left.
Thanks so much JUDY for translating this for us! You have no idea how much I appreciate this. It is a gift for us and it shows Emma how much she was loved by her first family! I am so excited for Astrid's upcoming visit. I hope to know when she is coming soon and I will share with everyone as soon as know!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

That is wonderful. I think it is a wonderful gift for you daughter to get to continue a relationship with her foster family.

I hope the trip is wonderful for everyone!

Hannah

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, I'm just so happy that Emma has this precious piece to look back at and see how much she was, is and will always be loved by this family. It was a great pleasure to do the translation for you, I was smiling, along with tears in my eyes while doing it; thank you for warming my heart!

Many Blessings on the upcoming trip for Astrid...enjoy each other to the fullest!

Blessings,
Judy

Amy, Jim, Ry, Evan, Nora said...

That is SO sweet!

Jaimee said...

That is sooo awesome! And I'm so happy for you guys that Astrid's visa was approved. How cool will that be? I hope our foster family can come visit one day.

-Jaimee