Friday, May 9, 2008

5-10-08 Feliz Dia de la Madre


Today is Mother's Day in Guatemala. I cannot help but think of the mothers Emma had before she had me. Her biological mother, Liliana....I think about her often and wonder how she is doing. I wonder if she worries about Emma, if she prays for her at night before she goes to sleep. I wonder how difficult special days like Emma's birthday, holidays, the last day she saw her are for her. We don't know much about her other than she has another little girl who is about 4. She didn't have the support or money to take care of another child. What a horrible situation she found herself in at the age of 19. I think about her often.
Then there is ASTRID. I don't even know what to type about her. She is the most sweet, wonderful, loving person. I cannot even describe what she has done for our family. We remain in contact and I treasure our e-mails. We hope to be able to keep our relationship for years to come. We share a common unbreakable bond: Emma. Astrid is what made this process "doable" for me. Every time I had to hand Emma back and walk away from her for weeks and weeks, I took comfort in the fact that she was with Astrid. I could see Astrid's love for Emma from the first time I meet her when Emma was just a few days old. From my visits and contact with Astrid I watched her love for Emma grow and grow. She is such an important part of who Emma is....I cannot put into words what her love for Emma meant to all of us.
Here are some pictures of Emma with Astrid. I thought it was only appropriate to post and honor ASTRID on her Mother's Day.
Astrid we love you and Emma misses you so much!
I hope you enjoyed your card from Emma.


Please know we talk about you and think every single day! Enjoy these picuters!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These pictures do show the love Astrid has for our Ms. Emma. I can't beleive looking back at how much she has grown.

Have a happy Mother's day. I can't wait to see what the boys, Rob and Emma have planned for you today!! I'm thinking something to do with dirt and worms if Drew gets to decide!!!lol