*****Please keep ASTRID in your prayers today! Today is a big day for their family and we are praying that things go well for them. Please take a minute to pray that God watches over her and her family. ******
Jay was out of school Monday and Tuesday (days 15 and 16). We took him to the doctor who wanted to do blood work. I was happy that the doctor is doing something instead of saying "come back if he still has a fever in 2 days"! The first round of results came back very well. Everything was fine but they sent some of the blood to the Mayo Clinic and we heard part of those results yesterday. We learned Jay HAD Mono. They will be able to give us a better idea when he had it next week but they think he was contagious 4-6 weeks ago. This explains so much. Jay is always sick and seemed to get EVERYTHING. He went back to school on Wednesday and is feeling better. The doctor said if he has another fever in the next 2-3 weeks they would send us to an Infectious Specialist for more testing. We are praying he stays well!
Rob had an accident last night. He fell in our garage getting out of the Tahoe. The garage floor is concrete and it was raining. Emma and I heard him and went to check on him...he was did not respond to us because he temporarily passed out. My dad was here with the boys and I got him. By the time that Dad got to the garage, Rob was awake but not yet getting up. Dad checked him--making him move his toes, legs and arms and helped him up. We looked at his lower back and there was a HUGE red bruise immediately. He was having trouble breathing, felt sick and had tingling/numbness in his right leg. I called his Mom (she is a nurse) and she came over. She took him to our local Urgent Care and they checked him, did x-rays, gave him meds but wanted him to go to the main hospital for an MRI on his head and lower back. He had to go by ambulance (he was NOT pleased) and after his tests and about 3 hours he was released. His MRI showed that his back has several things going on but the doctor felt they were from injuries he had prior to the fall and the fall was just made everything worse. The doctor said the MRI on his back looked like it was the back of someone 40 years older (almost a 70 year old). Rob was given steriods for 4 days that they hope will make the inflimation decrease. This morning Rob is doing well...he is laying on the couch and refusing to take his pain meds...don't you just love TOUGH guys?!
I am getting ready to go away this weekend to teach. My mom, dad and Rob's mom are trying to cover the weekend so Rob has to do as little with the kids as possible and he can rest and start to feel better!
Friday, May 16, 2008
May 16th
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
Wow, Amy, you all have been very busy lately. I am sorry to hear about all the sickness and Rob's accident. I hope everyone is on the mend very soon!
Poor Jay and Rob! I had mono like that in high school. I found out after I'd had it for 2 months. Good luck!!
As for Rob... milk it for all it's worth, Rob! With 3 kids, you don't get permission to relax very often. Take it easy so it doesn't get any worse than it already is!! We're thinking of your family!
What's happening with Astrid? She's in our prayers.
Love,
Ed, Amanda and Gabi
Oh Amy, believing for God's perfect healing in Rob's back! Susie
You forgot to mention the part about Drew being upset that the cat was eating his milkshake Rob dropped when he fell.LOL Gotta love Drew for still wanting the milkshake!!!
Get well soon Rob, I don't think Aimers will let you go without picking up the kids for long.
Post a Comment