Rob and I took the boys to their first BROWNS game. I wish I could say it was wonderful and we have tickets to do it again soon....but the truth---it was a NIGHTMARE! Our seats were high...really, really high because I didn't know how they would do and I refused to spend a ton of money on seats.
The boys have been so so so excited about going. They both wanted to wear their jerseys. But Jay didn't know if he wanted to wear a Browns or Bengals one (I wonder where we found him all the time) so he wore a bengals shirt under his Edwards jersey! Drew is 100% a Browns fan! We arrived at the game and everyone was all smiles.
We made it about ten rows up toward our seats and Jay started crying. It was too high...and too loud....and too new. Rob quickly took him down to where the consession area was and Drew and I tried to stay. Drew started crying too...saying we were too high and he wanted to move closer with Daddy. I assured him that they were NOT closer and tried as hard as I could to distract him with the players and cheerleaders...but no we had to leave our seats too!
We couldn't believe we were watching the game we were at on the TV. Grrrr After the first quarter I asked the security guy if we could bend down in the handicap area so my son could see. Drew really wanted to get a picture of Edwards and see the BIG guys (he later said they were really small...and from where wer watching the game...they did seem small!). The man was very nice and allowed us. Drew LOVED it...I tried the entire 2nd quarter to get Jay to come look...he saw about the first 2 minutes of the third of quarter and they were BOTH ready to leave. We left at the start of the third quarter...loosing
Here is our view of the game from behind the concession stand
Drew's pictures:
This was the best one I could get of Jay at the game. If you look close you can see that the BROWNS were luckily back their end zone so for a few seconds he got to see the players in real life! We had worried about how he would do with all the people and the noise...but his fear of heights is something new about him we learned that day. It was sad because he really wanted to see the game. He even talked Rob into trying to go back to our seats...but couldn't make it after a few stairs. He said he felt sick....and Rob had to carry him back down.
After we left the boys acted like they had fun and asked when we were going back. I assured them we would return when they could buy their own tickets or drive?! I wasn't sure yet!
But the HAPPY ending of this post is that the BROWNS did come alive in the 4th quarter---we were on our way home--- and WON the game! GO BROWNS!
(scroll down to see new Emma pictures----I was a BUSY blogger today!)
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
BOYS-BROWNS-BENGALS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
What a beautiful girl.. she really has grow up a lot. Her dress is great, whe looks marvelous. Congratulations Amy, Rob and kids.
hugs
Carmen
Amy,
Those boys tried sooo hard to handle it. IT is a very overwhelming environment! I don't blame them for not liking it. I'm so glad they were such good sports.
Give them high fives from us,
Amanda, Ed and Gabi
At least one of the Holsingers has good taste and wears Bengals, even if Mom did make him put that ulgy edwards jersey on over it.LOL..oh who am I kidding...your team won!!!
I love all the new pictures! Your kids are all adorable!
Post a Comment